5.24.2010

squash blossoms

are delicious.

IMG_1690

faustino picked them, stuffed them with feta and then dipped them in batter and fried them.  this was news to me until a few weeks ago when a friend mentioned she had them sauteed... and then Martha fried them on her show.  So Faustino fashioned his own recipe.  I will figure it out, reproduce it, and post pictures and the recipe... mmm...

Anyway, where was I while the cooking was happening?  I was bathing the rugrats and trying to pull myself together for family photos.  He was in the kitchen.  i sure do wish that it only took me 10 minutes to get ready... at least he shared his creation with me...

Hopefully our photos turned out well.  During the photos, Savannah pooped on Faustino in a major sort of way...  is she hazing us?? 

1 comment:

  1. Yum-o! Maybe I should be harvest our blossoms...that seems to be the only thing we are currently growing. Hopefully, with a good weeding, the addition of organic Preen and an organic fertilizer we will have growth soon. The new herb garden on the other hand is doing great...I believe it has to do with the full sun. But hopfully, in July when it is 110 the veggie garden will like the shade I am providing and not burn up. Who knows at this point.

    ReplyDelete

have i mentioned that i really, really love comments...?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...