3.23.2010

nesting

When I was pregnant with Ethan I did not nest.  I felt the urge, but didn't do it.  I was working.  Long hours.  In a flip flop at my desk/high heels in front of the guests kind of combo.  I got home at 7 or so every night.  With swollen ankles.  And Ethan was born during the Christmas season.  And catering + Christmas is not a holly jolly time of year.  I was supposed to do "data entry" at the end of my pregnancy... well folks, that is a death sentence during Christmas...

And if you knew me back then, don't forget the whole, I got kicked out of my desk thing.  And let's also remember that my err, youthful, crazy boss {who only lasted 5 months} wanted me gone.  Seriously.  And I didn't like her either, for the record.  And I hadn't even told them that I wanted to be a stay at home mom... {but i will be honest, the writing must have been on the wall}

Once the crazy teenage -- well not really but almost boss was gone, then I had my worker bee boss {whom I did really like} back... but we had the holidays. 

Most memorable moment  - my boss said to me as we were leaving work at nearly 11 at night on a Tuesday {I think I was 12 months pregnant a the time}... "don't you want to work here after you have Ethan"  Excuse me??  ARE YOU SERIOUS???  It is almost the next day, lady.  :) 

To say I had some work stress would just have been the tip of the iceberg.

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that I had to call my mom to have her come wash Ethan's clothing.  Faustino was gone on away rotations.  And I was occupied with work demands.  I laid on the couch every night and rested.  Not nested.  

Not so with Miss Savannah...

At the beginning of spring break, the boys were put to work.  {me too.  thank God I didn't go into labor}

IMG_1192

IMG_1188

The first weekend of spring break we played musical rooms.  Ethan's {and soon to be Savannah's, too} room is now where we were, and vice versa.  Closets were moved around.  I have gone through all of Ethan's diapers and set them up for Savannah.  I am organizing their clothing... their closet...

Poor Faustino is off this week... and he has a honey-do list.  But don't feel too sorry for him... he is on a fishing trip right now.

I am purging editing things around the house.  I got rid of 12 pairs of shoes I don't wear.  I am dying to get rid of the 2 maternity sweaters that are pilled... the ones I wore every other day... but it did snow a few days ago, so I will hold off on those.  But there are other things... pruning is dangerously addictive. 

I am filling in missing pieces of Ethan's baby book.

I have a list of freezer meals to make.

All this is to say that hopefully I will be more prepared for this baby than I was the last.  I look back on my severely unorganized home... maybe that was the root of my stress with the transition to mommyhood.  Maybe it had nothing to do with the baby bundle and everything to do with the fact I wasn't prepared.  at. all.

And, by the way, I think we are all settled on the name - Savannah Leigh.  Sorry, Grammy. 

Now, I must get back to my lists...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on baby number 2! So fun! And I love Savannah Leigh, so cute! So...true story, and I meant to write you a couple of weeks ago, but I totally saw your hubby up at Cook. He was there to see my patient for a back brace-which is uncommon for an onc pt. so it totally didnt click who he was. In fact, the secretary couldn't read his signature so she was asking me which doc was there. When I said it outloud, it totally clicked and by then he was already gone! Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for purging!!! I'm not nesting, but have been spring cleaning like a mad woman. I've literally cleaned every wall, baseboard, fan, window...well, you get the picture. Needless to say our house is spic 'n span. :) There is nothing better than a clean house and the smell of orange pledge in the air. :)

    By the way, you know I love the name Leigh...Cora Leigh. :) I'll have to be sure and tell Alyn y'all chose the same name because he thought I was crazy wanting to spell it that way. I'm so glad I won that one. :) I love that name (obviously).

    ReplyDelete

have i mentioned that i really, really love comments...?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...