11.10.2009

sewing a gather...

So after E went to bed last night I set up shop in the dining room {does what we have count as a dining room? probably not...} at the table and set up the ironing board.  In my mind, I thought I could whip up the apron in an hour or two.  And maybe if I wasn't painful inexperienced and slow I could have been done quickly... I mean, it did take me a while to cut out the very easy pattern... i should have taken that as a sign... Maybe I even should have just bought aprons from Nicole.

Let me explain the project... I have a fundraiser gift basket to create.  I need to practice my sewing skills... aprons are supposed to be easy... so I thought, a mother and daughter matching apron and baking basket... PERFECT!

Well... I didn't realize how long gathers take.  Am I just exceptionally slow?  Pulling that thread isn't easy... am I crazy??? All this for a kids apron?  Geez Louise.  Have mercy on my soul.  This apron is going to take hours to finish... let's not even think about the bag I want to make...

I will get better/faster?  RIGHT???

Here is a picture... of my one unattached ruffle.  One of three.  oh boy...


No comments:

Post a Comment

have i mentioned that i really, really love comments...?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...