7.09.2010

100%

Savannah turned 2 months last week.  It is amazing how quickly the time passes.  We took her to the pediatrician on Friday, and folks, my baby is big.  And my baby can eat.

IMG_2618

In the waiting room, we nursed while Ethan played... she was halfway finished when we were called back.  So she was weighed mid-meal by the nurse.

These were her stats:
13 pounds, 14.5 ounces
24.5 inches
39cm head circumference

Then, I had to wait for the doctor, so I finished nursing her.  I thought, just for kicks, let's weigh you again, miss priss.  and we did... she had taken another 4 ounces!!!  She was 14 lbs, 2.5 ounces.

The curious thing about nursing, is that you never know exactly how much milk they take in... you can guess, but you never really know.  When I leave a bottle, I leave 5 ounces and she takes all of it.  I know that is more than Ethan took, because I think he was just starting to take 5 ounces when I did my short stint back to work, but mostly took 4 ounces.  and that was at 3 months!

So, needless to say, she is off the charts.  She's in the 100th percentile for length and weight {50th for head circumference}

She's a big baby... i just thought Ethan was a big baby.  and really, it isn't in her arms... just her belly and thighs! 

She is also a really sweet baby.  I could just snuggle her squishy-ness all day long...

IMG_2413

IMG_2578

IMG_2476


oh, and another thing, after her shots, she was fine.  she slept.  perhaps she was a little fussy, but nothing crazy.  with Ethan, his 2 month shots went horribly, and he was the maddest I have ever seen him.  2 month shots with him might have been the worst day ever.

not so for my little love bug...
IMG_2603

1 comment:

  1. she is adorable Steph! And those eyelashes...oh.my.goodness! Love those big eyes too! What a blessing

    ReplyDelete

have i mentioned that i really, really love comments...?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...